Monday, 30 September 2013

Easy peasy creamy mushroom, bacon and broccoli pasta

Last week, I found myself digging around in our fridge again, looking for inspiration for tea.  I always seem to have some leftover bacon, broccoli and creme fraiche!  Here's what I made with it:


Easy peasy creamy mushroom, bacon and Tenderstem broccoli pasta

Serves 3-4 hungry people
Takes about 20 mins in total to make


Ingredients
  • About a third of a pack of pasta (I used Reginnete)
  • Half a pack of bacon (I used extra lean), chopped into bite sized pieces
  • Variety of mushrooms, chopped (I used shitake, chestnut and button)
  • One pack of Tenderstem broccoli
  • Third of a block of cheese, about 150g, grated (I used half fat mature cheddar)
  • Around 300ml of creme fraiche
Put the pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.

In the meantime, fry the bacon and broccoli for around two minutes, and add the mushrooms.  Fry for a further 2-3 minutes.


Once cooked, drain the pasta, and stir through the creme fraiche and nearly all of the grated cheese (reserve a small amount for serving).  Warm through again.  Serve pasta in bowls and add a spoon or two of the bacon, mushrooms and Tenderstem.  Top with a small amount of grated cheese.

Serve with ciabatta, or on its own.  Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment